Monday, October 29, 2012

I adore I love Lucy:-D

Hello everyone!  I'm such a bad poster!  I'm afraid I'm not the funnest blog in the world....  Oh well!  

Before I say anything, I would like to ask you all to pray for the East-coast!  Hurricane Sandy is hitting it bad:-(  I have family that live over by Wash. D.C.!  Please pray!  I heard that they have been calling the hurricane the "frankenstorm."  Not on national news of course...  Heard it on a Canadian radio station.

Okay.  I love Lucy.  Seriously.  I. Love. Lucy!  I got a cute thing off of Chatty Kathy's blog!  I'm not close to most of these yet, but I'm pretty close!

  • Whenever you see a golf game or someone watching golf you feel the great urge to tell out, "Dormie!"
  • You randomly find yourself saying "dun't" instead of "don't."
  • You often find yourself sawing "dawnsy" when someone asks you, "How are you feeling?"
  • The word "Tropicana" does not evoke thoughts of orange juice,  but more appropriately, a nightclub.
  • You find that you can sing along to every Ricky Ricardo song word for word.
  • Whenever you hear a saxophone playing it sounds like "Glo Worm" to you, even if it isn't.
  • "I tippy tippy toed through my garden..."
  • You keep waiting for "Real Gone With the Wind" to come out.
  • The last name "McGuilicuddy" holds a special place in your heart.
  • The names "Flo Pauline Lopos", "Marian Strong", "Carlotta Romero" and "Joe Harris" all sound familiar to you.
  • You teared up when Lucy and Ricky cried at the end of  Ricky's "We're Having a Baby, My Baby and Me".
  • You have always wanted to stomp grapes with your feet.
  • You have ever wanted a bottle of "Vitavetavegamin."
  • Forget about Tennessee Williams; it's Tennessee Ernie.
  • "623 East 68th Street, Apartment 3D" is more than just an address to you. (If this address was real, then the Ricardos and Mertzes would be living in the East River!)
  • You know how to speak Martian.
  • "The time has come" sounds really familiar.
  • You always wonder who the real Madame X was.
  • Lucy Ricardo wasn't born in Jamestown, New York. She was born in West Jamestown (which, in reality, does not exist).
  • The words "hatchet" and "water cress" go together.
  • Stealing John Wayne's footprints from Grumman's Chinese Theater makes a lot of sense to you.
  • When you think of a nightclub, you do not think of dimly lit lounges with techno music pulsing through it, but Club Babalu.
  • "Black lace blue jeans" rings a bell.
  • You know all the lyrics and the dance steps to Lucy and Van Johnson's "How About You?"
  • You stopped subscribing to TV Guide when they put "I Love Lucy" second on their list of "The Greatest TV Shows of All Time."
Isn't it funny?  I dun't understand how people CAN'T love that show!

Okay,  time for me to go:-(   

Goodbye folks!  And thank's for the awards...  I'm sorry I don't have time to post them!

Love,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you comment on it:) I love comments:D
If I don't have the link to your blog, please leave it in one of your comments because I would LOVE to follow you!
Your crazy random blogger,
Maddie