Sunday, December 29, 2013
If you don't have a Goodreads account and you love finding new books, this site is the place to go! I highly recommend it:) I'm fairly certain that you won't regret it.
I've found so many amazing books that I have loved and that my family has enjoyed.
I'm fixing up a list of the books I want to read next year, and I'm going to have a goal of how many books at the least amount I think I'm going to have time for. And if I go over that's just a bonus for me xD
Well, I won't keep you any longer:)
I hope you guys have an amazing last couple days of 2013!
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Does anyone else think this year has passed by abnormally fast? It feels like yesterday that I was posting about the new year.
This year has been full of learning curbs, adventures, excitements heartbreak and joy. I wonder what this next year will bring...
I'm planning a good post, so bear with me a little longer, because know that I've been a pretty boring blogger ;)
Love you guys:) Thanks for the adventures you've shared with me:) I wish you all the best new year ever!
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Far over the Misty Mountains cold... Through dungeons deep and caverns old... If it's to end in fire... Let us all burn together...
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Thursday, November 28, 2013
I hope that your day is amazing and that you have an amazing time with your friends, family and food! I am blessed beyond what I deserve to have been able to connect with you guys. I consider you all friends and I hope that we may someday meet!
I'm going to provide a short list of things I am extremely thankful for<3
1) The overwhelmingly Awesome God I have. Without him I would be nothing.
2) My amazing, slightly overprotective parents:) I honestly don't know what I would be if they weren't there to keep me safe every step of the way.
3) My crazy yet adorable siblings:) Who would I be if I couldn't be the big sister to these amazing kids?
4) All of my good friends who are like family to me. They are so encouraging, so sweet and so loving. Again, who would I be without them? They've all seen my faults, but they still love me and love me even more. That is such a blessing to me.
5) My home.
6) My privilege to be a Fire Explorer. It's so much fun and its really cool to be able to be a part of the community! Fire Fighters are some of my favorite "cape-less hero's." They risk their lives to protect others regularly. I'm very thankful for that and I'm blessed to be able to be around these people and I'm happy to be considered their friend.
7) I am thankful for the other teenagers who are in the Explorer group. I've been able to 'make friends' and my brother and I have met these two other home schooled kids who aren't Christian, but they're tons of fun:)
8) Of course you guys!!!
9) That God gave me the ability to write my book. I didn't know that I could do what I have been doing.
10) I'm thankful for the encouragement that people have extended to me concerning my writing:)
11) I'm thankful that God made me my own unique person, and for the talents he's given me:)
12) Finally, I'm thankful for thankfulness.
Okay! There you have it! Blessings to you all on this and every day!!!
P.S. Does anyone have the real link for downloading Gimp, the photo editor? Would you please leave it in a comment? Thanks:)
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
So, I've been writing this book, see (of course you know about it. ;] )... And I got this BRILLIANT (maybe) idea; Because my book is kind of "Medieval" in a very fantasy way, I thought it would be sort of fun to throw in some legendary characters. Like, maybe King Arthur and Merlin? Robbin (Hood) of Locksley? Possibly Maid Marian and Little John?
My book is total fantasy. Supposedly a long forgotten land...? But I want my characters to have the same legendary 'hero" feel as the tales people love and adore.
I guess my point of this post is-
1.) Do you like the idea of adding other well known "people" (please be honest. I want to know how this would come across to other persons of the writerly league.)?
And 2.) Do you know of other medieval characters from fairy tales that you would like to see in my book or more well known if my book -perhaps- gets published?
Leave me a comment because I would really appreciate some feedback.
Thank you for all your lovely comments the other day!!! I've missed you guys (I know I keep saying that, but its true.)
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013
my life has been crazy. hectic. busy. exhausting. you get the picture.
what have i been doing? well;
1) we started school. i've taken on an impossible feat: to finish four grades before my 17th birthday. yeah, i know, i've lost it. but it's a challenge. and i'm doing good so far.
2) fire explorers. yes! my brother and i are having sooo much fun! i'm promising a post about that subject soon:) i don't know who's more excited that we joined; my dad or myself and brother. i think it's my dad.
3) my sister and i bought a laptop. haha its so nice! my mom rarely gt to use her computer before xP but that's what happens when you have 2 kids that love writing.
4) reading one of the coolest books in the world. The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson. go and read it! its perfect! and i went ballistic when i heard there was a sequel! The Runaway King. i put it on hold at the library as soon as i could ;) it's in right now, but i have to wait until Monday to read it. sad face.
5) obsessing over The Call sung by Regina Spektor (it's off of Prince Caspian. if you don't remember it, i recommend looking it up on youtube. its gorgeous.). okay, how about obsessing over Regina Spektor in gereral. i love her style of music!
6) freaking out about The Silver Chair. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE ACTUALLY MAKING IT!!!!
7) wanting the Chronicles of Narnia movie's soundtrack's. as soon as I have enough, i'm going to buy them i just love them:) and it helps me think when i'm listening to stuff. you would think that it would distract you, but no. it helps a lot.
8) missing you guys! i haven't been commenting or anything:( i feel bad.
9) watching Agents of SHIELD. call me a geek, i love it;D
10) having a Lord Of The Rings marathon with my brother. he asked me if i wanted to watch it with him:) when he's not being annoying, i love him to death.
so, that/s what i've been doing. how about you guys?
Thursday, October 3, 2013
I hate my guts.
It's one of those days when I'm asking myself. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??????"
I feel horrible for doing what I'm doing, and I've cried over the pain I'm making my characters suffer. But I can't not do it. Its what makes my characters strong.
"Ugh! How can I?!"
But I have to.
I can hear the characters screaming at me for doing this, but I hush them and go right back to it.
But then the bad guy comes along and is like, "Good job. Make 'em suffer. All the better for me."
"Um, hello, this is where he/she/they get(s) the power to defeat you. Duh."
People call me sweet and kind, but then I go and blow people up and make plans to take over the world.
But other than that I'm happy to say that I'm still plowing away at my manuscripts, "12 Blades Of War" and "Spies, Lies and Enemies."
I've actually created a plot I'm happy with for the spy book! Whoo hoo! Now I get to move on to the fun part;)
I think it's actually helping me to be working full time on two books instead of just one, because both are different and IF I have *gasp* writers block, I have something else to work on other than sitting around stressing about being stuck.
Haha... So, I feel better now... To me, writing is a LOVE/HATE relationship. I love writing, but hate knowing what I have to do. I'm seriously controlling thousands of people.
How do you guys deal with writing???
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Yes, I am still very much alive and well:)
Where have I been? I've been at home.
What have I been doing? Celebrating the Biblical holiday of Sukkot. Or, The Feast Of Tabernacles. I highly encourage you to either ask me about it and/or research it:) It's so fun and it's amazing:)
I got to hang out with lots of people I love to death and I learned to love a new person.
So yeah... I've had a very busy week/9 days. But I've learned a lot of things that I really needed. AND I got you guys a couple pictures! Whoo hoo!
Okay. So, this handsome fella is Peter. My cousin Mackenzie's boyfriend. He loves Duck Dynasty, hunting fishing, everything camo, Seattle SeaHawks, guns, bows and arrows and Kenzie. This is the person I learned to love. At first, Pete was really shy. And hes a really quiet person. But during the end of the week he opened up and I got to meet the sweetest, funniest and coolest guy in the world. Yep. I'm really hoping for a wedding in the near future<3 he's seriously going to be the coolest cousin in the world.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
today i decided to think of a cover photo. i narrowed it down to these five;
|via my pinterest|
Which one do you guys like best?
Sunday, September 8, 2013
"I should hope so." a voice boomed behind them. Gwen and Bayder whirled around.
"As many of you know, Katie and I have been looking for a house. Well, we bought one and we get to move in October." Perry announced.
People clapped and said things like, "Good for you!", "Congradulations!" and "How exciting!."
I was pretty happy because they finally have their first home.
Then he kinda blurted out,"And we are expecting in April."
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *enter my squeals, ecstatic laughter and radiant excitement*
They have been married for three amazing years and by the time of their fourth anniversary they will have a little bundle of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was smiling so hard my face hurt. BUT I COULDN'T STOP SMILING!!!!!!
ITS GOING TO BE THE CUTEST BABY EVER!!!!!!!!! Katie is so pretty and Perry should have been a model, so that baby is going to get some really good looks.
AHH! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!
The due date is April 12th<3
Their baby names are Henning David, if its a boy and Eleanor (Ellie) if its a girl:) They didn't pick the middle name yet for Ellie.
I AM SOOO HAPPY! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE PERSON! Yeah, I really love babies. I'm hoping Katie will let me take announcement pictures and such:)
Perry is going to be an amazing dad! He will be so much fun! Katie is going to be an awesome mom too<3
*excited dance* Their lives are starting to come together! GAHHH!!!
Lol. As my face is breaking my 'adopted' cousin ,KatieRose, was like, "Wow. Wow. A baby! wow!" It was so funny xD
I wish I could do a back flip!!!!!!!!
Friday, September 6, 2013
MEET MAJORAGFAN BECASUE SHE IS THE AWESOMEST PERSON IN THE WORLD! haha jk. (No, she is really awesome. I wasn't joking about that part.) I'll try to be normal for this post. *Clears throat* Meet MajorAGFan.
For this very special occasion I would like you all to go to my one of my bestest friends blog, My Dolls And Me; An American Girl Doll Blog!
(Okay, now don't completely leave me. I have a few other things to tell you before you close this tab.)
MajorAGFan is selling a few things American Girl and asked me if I would spread the word.
(Duh! She is my bestie! Of course I'll post this for her! LOVE YOU GURLLL! Haha ;) )
She has a really neat blog and YouTube page and I know it would make her day if you followed her and subscribed!!!
And for a bonus!!! IF you follow and subscribe I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!
Sorry xD I'm feeling really cheesy today! You know I love y'all already right?
Okay I'm gonna run, but know that I WILL RETURN! I'm not gonna leave you again for a long time, i hope:)
Lots of love,
P.S. Over the course of the last month my name has been changed by my family. Haha! its now Mads. so, You guys can now call me three things: Madeline, Maddie or Mads. whatever suits your fancy:) BUH BYEEEEE!!!
Thursday, September 5, 2013
"That's my girl! Tough as cotton balls." ~Will
"I might go, if there was cake." ~Four
"I am Brave." ~Tris
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
1) If the main villain of your favorite book/movie/tv series showed up at your doorstep, what would you do? (Explain who it is first)
Okay. SO my brother and I have been watching the BBC Sherlock series and it's pretty awesome in our opinion. I guess that means Jim Moriarty is coming to my house... Do I really have to explain how much of a snake this character is? Isn't his reputation of being the worlds only "Consulting Criminal" famous?
There's a knock at the door.
"I'll get it!"
I yell over the screaming kids and barking dogs.
I race my brother to the door and pull it open, and stepping back in shock.
"You!" I growl.
He smiles and puts out his hand. "Hello. I've heard so much about you." his deep voice gave me the chills.
I bat his hand away and slam the door shut. I race to the phone and call John, begging him to come. Sherlock overhears the call and deducts that it is Moriarty's plan to have him come.
2) Now suppose the heroes opposite your villain showed up just after your exchange, what would you do?
YES! *fist pump* I've been wanting to meet John and Sherlock!
John runs to the back door and I let him in.
"Thank goodness you're here! Where's Sherlock?"
John rolls his eyes. "He wanted to meet Moriarty at the front and distract him."
"That leave us to catch him? Nice. Come on, lets go."
I peaked through the window by the door. Sherlock and Moriarty were face to face, studying each other.
"Jim." Sherlock says, offering his hand.
"Sherlock." Moriarty, shakes it. "I knew you would show up. Where's your doctor friend? I was sure you would bring him along."
John steps out the front door, aiming his gun at his head.
3) So... moving on, the heroes defeat the villain (with some help from you, of course-- whatever it may be ;) But the next day, you're just walking along, minding your own business, when you suddenly come across the same villain... who is now lying in the dust severely wounded and unconscious. What do you do?
Huh... I wonder how Moriarty, of all people, let someone get close enough to hurt him. Interesting....... ;)
Frankly, I'd drag him back to my house, call Detective Inspector Lestrade, Sherlock and Watson, clean up his wounds. When they all got here, I'd ask them to call 911 and lock Moriarty up... That dude just gives me the creeps. *shudders*
4) Now his minions show up and kidnap both you and him and take you to their universe (or version of your universe, whatever it happens to be) your reaction?
Oh yeah I'm going to London! *starts dancing*
5) Your fantastic heroes have arrived to rescue you-- but now you are faced with a choice. The villain, out of gratitude for your earlier help (assuming you actually did help him when he was wounded), has offered you a chance to travel back to your own universe. However, the heroes warn you not to trust him. The only other way for you to get back home is to travel with the heroes on a long and dangerous journey... and there's no guarantee that you'll survive...
What. Do. You. Do?
So yeah, I went with my hero's.
This award was totally awesome! I had so much fun! Thanks for awarding me this Anna!
Now who to award... Hmm...
Sarah V of My Randomness and Ramblings
SW of A Free Mind
MajorAGFan of Cuteness
Noelle of Praise Him With Dance
and Piper of Earbuds Are A Girl's Best Friend
I hope you guys enjoyed this! And if you want to do this fun questionnaire, go ahead and take it! i know you'll have fun if you do!
I'm off now;)
Next was my photography. SECOND. PLACE. YESSSS!!! it was the picture of my sister Allison :D and i got a 3rd place in the animal division and 3rd in the portrait division. I was (still am!) realllyyyyyyyyyyyy excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last of all; my sister Allison also entered three AMAZING Wolf sketches she had done, but she only got honorable mentions. I wasn't very happy about that. She seriously had the best sketches on the wall! bummer.... But we all gave her a virtual 1st place and that cheered her up a bit:)
That was all fun;)
THEN! FIREWOOD! That's all really boring though ;D
Monday, August 5, 2013
"... And you can call us if you need anything." My mom finished her speech.
"Yes mum." Jason and I chorused.
"Will and Annie, you listen to Jay and Georgie okay? I don't want to hear a bad report." Aunt Joan said.
"Good. Now we're going! I love you! Be good! Don't forget to call!" Mum and auntie Joan where practically dragged to the running station wagon by dad and uncle Fritz.
We waved as they drove away.
I turned to my sister and cousins.
"So we should go finish with our dinner then we can play hide-and-seek. Does that sound good?"
An hour later we had eaten and washed the dishes and got ready to play hide-and-seek.
It was the my third turn. I found George pretty quick, and together we searched for the twins.
We looked every inch of the first floor. No sign of them anywhere. We moved to the second floor, again, no sign.
I looked at my sister and she looked at me. Her face was pale and she was shaking.
"Where are they?" She asked, her voice shaking and her eyes flashed fear.
I shook my head. "I don't know. Where could they be?"
"Let's go look outside then call mummy and auntie Joan. I really hope they're outside!"
We both ran to the door and rushed out into the yard. We spent a good while calling their names and telling them they won and could come out now.
There were no responses.
We walked back into the house. Georgie was almost hysterical.
"Where did they go?! They've never done anything like this before. What are we going to tell our parents and auntie and uncle Fritz? Why would they run away?!"
I patted her shoulder.
"George, calm down. It'll be okay. Before we call, is there anyplace that we didn't check?"
She squared her shoulders and thought hard. I watched her and tried to think of somewhere but I couldn't think of anything.
By the time we walked into the kitchen George suddenly jumped and she turned to run.
"The attic!!!" She yelled and bolted.
I chased after her and we plowed through the open door of Georgie's workshop.
There they stood, little Will and Annie.
Georgie's invention was sparking and beeping, lights flashed and the room vibrated.
Will had taken Annie's hand and they were about to step through the doorway when George and I grabbed their shirts and tumbled into the gaping door.
Instead of falling on the floor like I had expected, we were surrounded in black, everything in the room had vanished.
We hung there, suspended, in blackness. It felt like forever, but it could have been a minuet.
I didn't know what to think. It felt like I was in a daze that ended as soon as I noticed we were in sunlight.
I blinked, trying to figure out what happened and letting my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness.
I saw Jason, Annie and Will beside me. We all sat on the ground and we appeared to be sitting in the entrance of a wide cave.
Still confused, I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out.
I looked at them and noticed they were staring out the opening, mouths open and pointing.
I looked out and I felt like my eyes were the size of plates.
We were looking out at a wide green grassy field where dinosaurs were grazing with cows, goats, sheep and oxen.
On the far left, there was a lion playing with a tiny baby lamb and on the far right, where the trees began, a T-Rex stood gnawing on a massive oak tree.
That's when it hit me.
I leaped to my feet and pulled on Jason's arm.
"Jason!" I laughed. "It worked! My invention worked! It's a time machine! We're really in the past!"
Jason looked at me and stood slowly.
"Really? How is this even possible?!" He looked angry as he said it.
I felt my excitement slowly die and I looked at the ground.
"Georgie! You are amazing! I knew you could do it!" He wrapped me in a hug and laughed.
Will and Annie hadn't moved from where they sat. They looked terrified.
"Jason, look. They're scared." I pointed to them and said their names.
Jason bent and hugged them.
"Where are we?" Will asked fearfully.
"I want to go home Geo." Annie sobbed.
"We're in the past guys! This is the time when animals and dinosaurs lived together." Jason said excitedly.
"Guys, this is an adventure! Lets go explore!" I said, taking Wills hand and standing him up. Jason did the same to Annie.
Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the cave.