Thursday, June 13, 2013

Heeeyyyy people:D

So, I've been sorta working on a story plot that I've had in mind for the last five or so months.
The inspiration? Actually it was from a dream:) well that dream has come back to haunt me, so to speak;D 

I've got the first part done and I'd like to know what you think!

It doesn't have a name yet, but like I said. It's just an idea. 
So in these 2 parts that I'm going to show you, you will meet a set of twins and -hopefully- get the general idea of their personalities. Personally, they crack me up. I feel like they have the relationship that makes people want to get to know them better. 

Comment and tell me what you think, who you think your favorite character would be and if you'd like to read more!

Love you all! And for the third time, I'd really appreciate feedback on this:) thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Maddie

(And on with the show =D)

Jason:


"Georgie! What are you doing?" I yelled from the bottom of the staircase leading up into the attic.

I heard a muffled shout. 

I rolled my eyes and thumped up the stairs.

"Sis?" I called, knocking on the attic door.

"Yeah! Just give me... One...one min-"

There was a crash and I winced.

There was a scuttling noise, a scrape and then the door opened.

Georgie poked her head out.

"What's up?"

I couldn't help but laugh at how she looked. 

Her red hair was a wild mess with so much dust stuck in it it looked grey. Grease was smudged on her nose.

She glared and pulled her head back in.  She stomped back to her project inside.

I followed her in and glanced around the room.

"Geez! How do you manage to get it this messy?"

Georgie stuck her lip out and pushed a pile of boxes out of her way.

"I don't have time to clean it up, Jay. I'm on the very verge of getting my invention to work."

I shook my head and started cleaning up. Correction: I tried cleaning up. I only succeeded in clearing a trail. Yeah, it was that messy.

My sister quickly forgot I was there and was completely absorbed into her project. 

I grinned as I watched her work. The thing looked like a door frame with bars running around the outside, wires and lights stuck out every where.

We were twins, Georgie and I. I'm the older one by a full hour. We are both 15 and we both have blue eyes.

The only other thing we have in common is that we have one favorite talent.

Hers is inventing, mine is writing.

Other than that we are complete opposites.

Georgie is messy while I can't stand to have anything out of place, I'm quiet and serious while Georgie is outgoing and loud and I LOVE food while Georgie eats only enough to keep herself alive.

Speaking of food I wonder what's for dinn- oh yeah! I remembered why I was up here.

"George! I was coming up to tell you that the terrible twos are coming up.  We're going to babysit while Aunt Joan and Uncle Fritz go out to dinner with mum and dad."

Georgie was screwing something up high, almost out of her reach. At the word 'babysit' she dropped the wrench on her foot.

"Ouch!" She shouted, jumping on one foot and holding the other.

She almost tripped and fell, but I caught her arm just in time.



Georgie:


Jason pulled me up.

My jaw was on the floor, I swear.

"The terrible twos?!" I shouted.

Jason covered his ears.

 "Yep."

I scrambled toward the door and locked it. 

Jason was laughing really hard. Like, bent over holding his sides and crying.

"Dude! Breath!" I bonked him on the head.

He gasped for breath.

I glared at him. If looks could kill he'd soooo be dead.

"S-s-orry." He started laughing again, but this time not as hard.

"Why are they coming?" 

"Today is Aunt Joan's and Uncle Fritz' anniversary! Mum and dad were talking about it and I offered to babysit while they went to dinner and a movie or something." He wiped tears from his face.

I stared at him with disbelief. "Jay! How could you do this to me?!"

He rolled his eyes.

"They deserve to have grown up time, George."

"Do you remember what happened last time we babysat Will and Annie?" I demanded. 

He frowned slightly but his bottom lip twitched, a sign that he's trying not to smile.

"Will booby trapped you room! He put Legos all over the floor and dumped your waste paper basket on top of them so when you thought you were stepping on paper you got a sharp surprise."

He laughed. 

"You did that to aunt Jo when you were that age!" He pointed out. "And anyhow, he ended up helping me with my book. I found a paper that completed the plot while I was cleaning it all up."

"What about what Ann did to me?"I persisted.

"All she did was rip up some papers then put them under your blankets." He shrugged, smiling.

I huffed. "She ripped up my blue prints!!!"

"So? You ended up drawing even better ones."

I sighed.

"You've got a point." 

"Yep." He started chuckling. "Them getting us like that was a surprise. Do they remind you of any other twins we might know?"

I grinned and we high-fived.

It's not that I have anything against Willy and Annie, they are just a handful.

Tonight is going to be fun. Note the sarcasm?




9 comments:

  1. haha love it!! I like both of their sides. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'm having the best time ever writing them:D they make me laughXD

      Delete
  2. Oh my word! This is one of the best starting-of-a-story posts I have EVER read! Cannot wait to see what happens next!

    ~Abilaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited you liked it! Woohoo! Happy dance! I'll try to have another part up by Monday:D

      Thank you so much for commenting Abilaine!

      Delete
  3. Awesome!!! I just love the characters and their unique personalities. xD. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesh! I'm glad everybody likes them:D I wish I could totally tell everything I've got in my mind about them! But I can't because they are unexplainable. They're the funniest pair of characters I've ever writtenXD
      Thank you for commenting!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Jenna from A Beautiful Heart is hosting a giveaway. Go and check it out -http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/06/giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. gr8, maddie!!! love it!!! it's such an excellent way to start a story, i would - correction.... i am going to keep reading!!! this is so good!

    abrielle lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you comment on it:) I love comments:D
If I don't have the link to your blog, please leave it in one of your comments because I would LOVE to follow you!
Your crazy random blogger,
Maddie