Monday, February 18, 2013

I apologize/can I give you a Hebrew lesson???

Hello!

Yes.  I'm still alive.  My family has "limited" wi-fi connection and we some-how used up 95% and it did not reset till today.  So I was only allowed to be on for 20 minuets or so:-D  But I'm back now;-)

I want to learn languages.  I really want to be a Travelling R.N. (aka Registered Nurse) so I need to know a few more languages....  I want to learn Hebrew, German, French (what girl doesn't???), and Scottish Gaelic.
A friend of mine found a website that gives free "Conversational Hebrew" lessons.

I can show you some words in English-Hebrew which is Hebrew spelled and taught in English.

Tov = Good;  Boker = Morning

Boker + Tov = Good Morning.

Cool huh? 

Yeled = Boy 
Yeled Tov = Good Boy

Kelev = Dog
Kelev Tov = Good Dog

Yom = Day
Yom Tov = Good Day

Laila = Night
Laila Tov = Good Night


And ya' want to know something crazy?  The words "Hi" and "Bye": people in Israel have adopted those into their language!  

How about this: A greeting and goodbye.

Shalom = Hello; Peace 
(and it can mean tons of other things too.)

Lehitraot = Good bye.

Yes and No:

Ken = Yes

Lo = No

Thank You:

Toda = Thank You; Thanks

Alright; Okay:

Beseder = Alright; Okay

Ex.  Ze beseder = It is Okay
Hakol beseder = Everything is alright.

Okay is also a common word in Hebrew also:-D

Okay:-)  I'll quit pestering you!  

Lehitraot!  Good Bye;-)

Maddie

P.S.  I had a dream last night in German.  Like, that's the language everyone was speaking.  And, I was trying to speak it and people knew what I was saying.  It was very odd....

P.S.S.  I had another dream that I walked into a crowed and it was all of you guys!  It was awesome!  AND.  Everyone who was in the Unusuals all had the powers of their characters!  It was awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Cool my dad taught me some Hebrew
    Hashamime Misapreme Kavoad El and that means
    The Heavens Declare the Glory of God.
    ~Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool, Maddie!! haha the only thing I'm learning is Spanish. =D Really?! You had a dream about us!?? Did I tell you that I dreamed I met you? (Is your name Maddie? Do you have a blog called Totally Me!? Hey, I'm Storyteller!!) :) Sweet, so, I could like create things.....?......cool..... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I did have a dream and yes you could make awesome stuff:-D It was really awesome! Jenny taught something about turtles and you drew a turtle for demonstration, Britt used her laser eyes to destroy a hunk of concrete, D and Willow where hilarious, and Ruth and Odessa talked about something........ I think it had to do with Zane being a Healer:-D (Even though Zane wasn't there:-D)

      Maddie

      Delete

Hi!
Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you comment on it:) I love comments:D
If I don't have the link to your blog, please leave it in one of your comments because I would LOVE to follow you!
Your crazy random blogger,
Maddie