Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I entered a story conest=)

Hello! 

I entered a 500 word writing contest at Go Teen Writers!!!

Here is my story!

It has no title.....

I stood at the window, watching the delivery truck drive away.  As soon as it was out of site, I looked at the label on the box I had just gotten.

From: Peter Walsh, Mongolia

To: Stefani Walsh, Washington U.S.A.

Mongolia?  NO WAY!  What could Peter be sending me?  I thought.

Peter was my 21 year old brother who was on a Missions trip to Mongolia.  He had been gone for 7 months.

I quickly pulled my Phone out of my pocket. 

Hannah!  Come quick!  I just got a package from my brother!  I texted to my best friend.

I quickly got a reply.

Brother?  The one in Mongolia? 

YES!

Hold on!  I’m half way there!!!

I waited for Hannah to show up.  The minuets seemed like hours. 

Finally the door burst open.  Hannah rushed in.

“Come on!  What are you waiting for?  OPEN THE BOX!  I can’t believe you waited for me!  Hannah said, sitting down.

“Okay!  But I can’t figure it out…  Why did he send me a package???”

“Opening it might give a clue, silly.”  Hannah said laughing.

So I did.  The first thing I noticed was a piece of paper.  I grabbed it.

I know you would never expect to get anything from me like this but I got a chance to surprise you. I know that you probably have Hannah standing next to you and if you don’t, call her and tell her to come over.  Inside there are two packages.  One is for you (the one that is wrapped in green) the other one is for Hannah.  Open those and you will both find envelopes in the bottom.  Call me using the number on this number {(***)-***-****} and then open them.

Your brother,

Peter

“Okay….  That didn’t really make sense…  Hannah here is your box.”  I said handing the other package to her; it was wrapped in pink paper.  Then I grabbed mine.

I heard a squeal from Hannah.

I glanced over to where she was standing.  She was holding up a red robe and twirling around.  Then she bent over and picked up a necklace out of the box.

“Your brother is the best in the world!  I-love-him-I-love-him!!!” She said, clapping her hands. 

I opened my box.   There was a beautiful blue robe on top; there was a set of earrings too.

I handed the robe to Hannah. 

I looked in the bottom of the box.  There was the envelope.

“Hannah, quiet down I need to call Peter!  I’ll let you purpose later.“  I said dialing the number that was on the letter.

“Hello?  Stef’ is that you?” A voice came over the phone. 

“Yes it is!  What’s going on?”  I asked.

“Open the envelope.”  Was the only answer.

I did.  There was a plane ticket! 

“MONGOLIA!  YOU SENT ME A TICKET FOR MONGOLIA???” I squealed into the phone.

“Yes.  You and Hannah are coming to Mongolia for my wedding.” 

“Hannah, you’re too late.  He’s getting married.  And we are going to Mongolia!”



Whatcha think?????

Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Maddie!!!!! =D Have some writing contests on my blogs, too...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! You know, I had an aunt, uncle, and two cousins that were missionaries in Mongolia. They moved to Indonesia a few years ago.

    I have a story contest on my blog, if you want to enter. It's at http://pianobookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you comment on it:) I love comments:D
If I don't have the link to your blog, please leave it in one of your comments because I would LOVE to follow you!
Your crazy random blogger,
Maddie